A Erbach "Black Forest" ivory carved Greyhound tie / stick pin
A "Black Forest" ivory carved standing Greyhound stick pin.
Such carvings were from German workshop of the Graf von Erbach-Erbach in Odenwald, and the Kehrer family at Erbach, Ernst (working 1830-40) and his son Edouard (1812-63). They were made from around 1830 to 1860. Examples can be seen in the jewellery collection of the British Museum, London, for example there is a brooch with the same dog seated with stag and deer. German, circa 1850.
This is a SOLD item and has been left in the Public Domain for research purposes. Images are available for public use with an acknowledgement to www.hamsheregallery.com