A mid-19th century bronze Cairn Terrier Presse-papier for Maison Alphonse Giroux
A bronze Presse-papier of a Cairn Terrier lying on its back for Maison Alphonse Giroux. The dog with glass inlaid eyes. Marked to the base “MAISON ALPH GIROUX PARIS”. French, circa 1860.
Maison Alphonse Giroux, was known as "the merchant of the princes", an important Parisian manufacturer of luxury furniture and accessories, whose products were intended for an aristocratic and bourgeois clientele They began around 1799 at No. 7, rue du Coq Saint -Honoré, then Boulevard des Capucines, founded by François-Simon-Alphonse Giroux under the name "A. GIROUX in PARIS". It was taken over by the Giroux children and remained active under the name of "Alphonse Giroux et Cie" until 1867, taken over by Ferdinand Duvinag.
This a SOLD item and has been left in the Public Domain for research purposes.
Images are available for public use and research with an acknowledgement to www.hamsheregallery.com